Thursday, January 3, 2013

Now What?


   Holy crap, sorry everyone. Being a housewife has kept me so busy I didn't have time to update my blog (haha).
   I'm done with treatment. At least any infusion treatment for now. My last Herceptin was supposed to be the first week of December, making it a complete year's worth. But when I went to my November 15th appointment, the MUGA scan results from the week before weren't good enough for Dr. C, so he just said I'm done. He doesn't think it's worth the risk of damaging my heart. And he still wants another MUGA scan before my next appointment to see if the numbers go back up (somebody should remind me to schedule the scan!).
   It's strange not having to see him every three weeks anymore. My next oncology appointment is in February, but he said to call if I have any issues that seem related to the breast cancer or the Fareston. I'll have to call him soon because my eyes have just gotten progressively drier and blurrier and annoying.
   I'm getting my port out next week and was supposed to have the pre-op appointment today, but I got a phone call saying Dr. K had a death in her family (again) so we had to reschedule for next week. It seems like every time she performs surgery on me, someone in her family dies. I feel so bad. But hopefully this will be the last surgery for a very long time, so my bad luck can stop killing off her loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment